Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cooper's First Camping Trip



While we were getting everything ready to leave, Cooper was entertained for a good 45 minutes playing in his Daddies work boots.



They are still a little big buddy!

I must admit, the older I get the more wussy I get. We slept in a tent which was a big deal to me. Ever since that boy got ripped out of his tent in AF canyon by a bear and eaten, my days of sleeping in a tent have been over. I decided this trip, I would give it a shot because, we were in a fenced in lot, we were in the middle of a city, and right next to a highway. Let me explain about being in the middle of a city. I don't know how many of you have heard of Scofield, but that is the city we stayed at. Its population is probably 60 and is an hour up Spanish Fork Canyon. Anyways, with all of those things and making sure there wasn't any food within 30 feet of our tent, I felt save enough to sleep in a tent. Boy did I make a big mistake. No, no bears came up to our tent, we just got maybe one hour of sleep. Between the diesels driving by every half hour all through the night, the train that was 45 minutes long and every tire was in need of WD40, the heard of 50 cows in the field next to us that each sounded like they were giving birth all night long...seriously, the moon shining in our tent, the freezing cold air, Matt, Cooper and I sleeping on a full size air mattress that completely deflated after an hour of laying on it, my brothers heater on his trailer that kept trying to turn on all night but was broken, and my sweet nephew that screamed ALL night long...WE HAD NO SLEEP AND POSSIBLY THE MOST ANNOYING NIGHT OF OUR LIVES! As soon as the night was over though, we had a blast! Even though we had no sleep it was a really fun trip.



There was a huge rock hill that was heaven for Cooper. Being able to climb and throw rocks are two of the greatest things to him.



They have an old jail there that was really used hundreds of years ago. It was pretty cool. Believe it or not, we had enough four wheelers and rangers to take all of those kiddos and five adults on a tour around town.



This was my ride. Rangers are AWESOME!!! I was shaded the whole time and there are seat belts so the little ones could come.



Half way through town, Tripp was asleep on Cooper's shoulder. It was so cute. The little stinker should be tired after screaming all night :)



Matt taking Taiten for a ride.



Matt was taking Cooper on a ride and decided to take him through a huge puddle. Cooper thought it was great!



Matt and Cooper.



Cooper and his Daddy. It was such a fun weekend. Thank you so much Rodger and Jamie for inviting us up. We loved it...minus the night :)

1 comment:

  1. awesome - I love your description of your night :) don't bring up the bear thing - that was like 12 years ago geek!

    ReplyDelete